June 22, 2012







Pants: American Eagle (here), Shirt: J. Crew (here), Shoes: Steve Madden, Necklace: F21, Lips: Fire & Ice. Clutch: Target. (here)

It's gotta be a quick one today, but I have to at least tell you about this blouse.

I had been eyeballing it ever since it hit the J. Crew floor, but there was no way I was ever going to pay $135 for it. Just crazy! So I waited for it to go on sale, hoping it would be a really good sale, the kind that knocks it to like half off. 

As you know it was my birthday last week and I had a little extra cash to spend, and I knew just where I wanted to spend it. 

So I'm checking out the sale at J. Crew and find this blouse and my heart does a little happy dance! I tell myself I will not spend more than $60 on it, knowing I will get the extra 15% off since I'm a student. It just happened to be on sale for $69 I figured that was a good compromise. 

So I try it on it fits perfect and I'm ready to buy! I go to check out and she says ok this will be final sale since it's an extra 30% off.

Just wait it get's better. I know you're freaking out right now!

Can I still use my student discount? I say

Yes! So that will be 45% off. 

So at this point my heart does a triple happy dance!

Then I tell her I want to exchange this belt I bought a couple weeks ago (too small) 

Apparently that belt has gone on sale too and I get the extra money back. 

Long story short (too late right) The shirt was only $20. Do I need to say that again? $20!

 It went from $135 to $20! 

Moral of the story do not ever buy anything full price!

So much for keeping it short! Hope you have a great weekend!




SHARE:

16 comments:

  1. So cute! I think you're going to wear that shirt sooo much.

    val
    www.daily-distraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work!! I'm horribly impatient when it comes to waiting for things to go on sale, obviously I need to work on that cuz this top is adorable..and 20 bucks! *I really love your hair color as well! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A birthday miracle! :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clutch! You look adorable in this blouse :)

    Btw you have a new follower ;)

    xoxo

    Quite A Looker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bargain... The top looks great on you. You've got a really nice blog, style, and a new follower :)

    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are the cutest. and your hair is bangin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Patience pay off :) Like the retro feel with the red lips and pearls. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the best kind of find! I love finding something on awesome sale - especially something you've been eyeing off for a while :)

    Life Etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's SO fantastic. oh my gosh. i love those days...getting a really good deal on something you really, really want is SUCH a rush.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! Such a thrill when you get a great deal on something you really want! LOVE the necklace with this top, btw. Loving all your outfits, really. :) Definitely following along now!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the outfit

    >click here for my blog
    http://mal-verspielt-und-mal-gefasst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hattitude Style Blog

    no way courtney i cannot even get over that ridiculous outrageous sale! 20$ thats a dream come through. girl you deserve to go out and splurge more with that kind of luck! i love the little anchors on it. how perfect for summer summer lovin breezes!

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your outfit! The anchors are so adorable.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love it when stuff like that happens! The blouse is SO cute - loev it with those white pants :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the blouse. You've got great style.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig