March 15, 2013
Living far away from your best friend can be rough especially when their birthday is today and you want so badly to be able to show up at their front door with a yummy cupcake and big balloons. Since I won't be able to spend the day with her as I would like I sent her the birthday party in a box instead, complete with cupcakes and candles, glitter nail polish for the big day, and of course balloons!
March 12, 2013
Dress: Target Maternity, Cardigan: Anthro (Old) Heels: H&M (old) Bracelet: J.Crew
I actually got ready and we took a picture of it! But really two months ago I decided I wasn't going to buy any more "maternity" clothes because I wanted to save up a good chunk of money to go post pregnancy shopping. Unfortunately my belly about doubled in size those during those two months and I was literally down to wearing the same 3 outfits. So Dave took me shopping and insisted I buy some clothes, along with the worlds greatest tinted moisturizer. (run don't walk to get some) (Sephora gives free samples)
Also even though this dress says maternity on the tag it's going to be a great post pregnancy dress as well, I'm wearing a small here and there isn't any of that funny ruching on the side so hopefully after baby comes it will just fall beautifully down my beautiful six pack....
March 8, 2013
Not sure what to bring to the hospital for baby? Neither are we so here is a list of things we plan on taking but have no idea if we will actually need. I'm always getting mixed messages on what the hospital will or will not provide, so I'm probably overpacking for him and me ( post on that later) but better save than sorry.
1. A swaddle blanket To keep him nice and cozy and for swaddling him up for those first pictures.
2. Going home outfit. This I know for sure we will need. We bought this soon after we found out we were having a boy and it's been tucked away as his going home outfit ever since. Plus it's so tiny I'm afraid he will only fit it the one time at the hospital.
3. Baby wipes. No idea if we will need these. Maybe he will have a huge diaper situation on the way home we will need to take care. I'm not sure.
4. Face Wipes. Probably completely unecessary but we have them and they fit in the bag.
5. Baby Powder. Same story, fits so cute in the bag.
6. Extra Diapers. I hear they give you tons in the hospital, but I'm overprepared.
7. Extra onesies. I just don't know and would rather have clothes for my baby than none at all.
After looking for months at all the horrible options the baby industry provides for diaper bags, and then looking at regular purses we could make shift into a diaper bag we stumbled upon this Scout bag by Petunia Pickle Bottom at a swanky baby store in Salt Lake and fell in love. I love that it doesn't have baby giraffes all over it or an over the top girly pattern. AKA it's not screaming IM A DAIPER BAG LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF I'VE GOT CRAMMED IN ME. It's got all the secret pockets I think I'll ever need, and comes with matching wipe holder and changing pad. Obviously I haven't used it out in the real mommy world yet but I think we are going to love it.
So there you have it, everything he will need and not need at the hospital, I'll let you know how it goes!
March 4, 2013
It was my turn to choose what we had for dinner.
I went shopping for the ingredients to make Lasagna.
I later craved a special drink... sparkling cider.
I asked David to stop at the grocery store to get some.
I prepped the noodles before David came home.
He arrived with flowers in hand.
and what was suppose to be a regular Monday night turned into a night a very special night.
It's those unplanned moments that make this life so beautiful.
Labels: Date Night