Not sure what to bring to the hospital for baby? Neither are we so here is a list of things we plan on taking but have no idea if we will actually need. I'm always getting mixed messages on what the hospital will or will not provide, so I'm probably overpacking for him and me ( post on that later) but better save than sorry.
1. A swaddle blanket To keep him nice and cozy and for swaddling him up for those first pictures.
2. Going home outfit. This I know for sure we will need. We bought this soon after we found out we were having a boy and it's been tucked away as his going home outfit ever since. Plus it's so tiny I'm afraid he will only fit it the one time at the hospital.
3. Baby wipes. No idea if we will need these. Maybe he will have a huge diaper situation on the way home we will need to take care. I'm not sure.
4. Face Wipes. Probably completely unecessary but we have them and they fit in the bag.
5. Baby Powder. Same story, fits so cute in the bag.
6. Extra Diapers. I hear they give you tons in the hospital, but I'm overprepared.
7. Extra onesies. I just don't know and would rather have clothes for my baby than none at all.
After looking for months at all the horrible options the baby industry provides for diaper bags, and then looking at regular purses we could make shift into a diaper bag we stumbled upon this Scout bag by Petunia Pickle Bottom at a swanky baby store in Salt Lake and fell in love. I love that it doesn't have baby giraffes all over it or an over the top girly pattern. AKA it's not screaming IM A DAIPER BAG LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF I'VE GOT CRAMMED IN ME. It's got all the secret pockets I think I'll ever need, and comes with matching wipe holder and changing pad. Obviously I haven't used it out in the real mommy world yet but I think we are going to love it.
So there you have it, everything he will need and not need at the hospital, I'll let you know how it goes!