April 17, 2013

Rivers Birth

 
While I think it's great so many people are willing to share their birth stories I do think it is something special and sacred to each Women so I will not be sharing mine here. I did however read a lot of birth stories before mine and I listened to a lot of different horrifying tales from friends and other pregnant ladies and up until the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy I was indeed horrified to give birth.

So I thought it would ease the mind of some of those who have heard some awful stories and let you know that giving birth was one of the most amazing things I have ever done. Giving birth was anything but awful, and after all the horrible stories I heard I wish someone would have told me how wonderful it was.

Was it painful? Yes! Was I nervous? Of course! But it was also much easier than I thought it was going to be. My nurses were amazing, seriously the most loving and patient Women I have ever met. The most common horror story were about the nurses so I was so nervous about getting someone awful, however that was not the case for me. Each and every nurse was wonderful!

Maybe I was just really blessed and for that I am grateful. I know some Women do have it really hard, and I am not saying that those stories I heard were not true or that those Women didn't have a hard birth, but for every awful story I wish I heard one good story, so here is mine.
SHARE:

5 comments:

  1. Sweet of you to share just a glimpse. Blessings on you and your new little one...love that sweet name too! :)

    Tiff
    tisfortiffanyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOSH, he is SO perfect!!!! What a beautiful boy, seriously. So happy you didn't have a bad experience!! I'm so excited for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! He's beautiful! And I love that you are decidedly keeping the birth story close to your heart. I hope you at least write it down somewhere, like in a journal, so you remember it while it's fresh.

    PS, I was checking your blog EVERY DAY to see if you had the baby yet. So glad it was a wonderful experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, I met with Ty and Shea at Paul Mitchell yesterday for radio stuff. They asked if I had ever been into the school. I told them you had cut my hair there and that you had had a baby! :) They were stoked. Congrats on your little baby boy bundle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on such a beautiful boy! and good on you for keeping your birth story to yourself (not that I would've minded reading about it!). Very happy for you that you ended up having a great experience, not one of those horror stories that everyone likes to share while you're pregnant! I also had so many people tell me all these awful things and I was absolutely terrified to give birth, but in the end it was amazing. Yes it hurt, but it was also sooo much easier then I was led to believe!

    Congratulations again, he's just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig