December 19, 2011

New York I Love You

As most everyone knows my life long dream is to live in NYC. I dream of it often if not always. I feel most do not understand the intense desire I have to live there, I suppose those who live there would understand the draw I have to live in that o so fabulous place. Ever since I was young I have been attracted to the city and set a goal to live there someday. I've waited a very long time for this and in a matter of day's I had a one way plane ticket that would be taking me there to stay forever. However sometimes what we have planned for ourselves is not what our Heavenly Father has planned for us.

I don't tend to talk much about my religion on here and try not to get too mushy with you guys but in this case I feel I have no other way to explain this. I believe my Heavenly Father or God has a set plan for me while I am here on this earth,  I believe that every path I have chosen to take in my life has been directed from him, I know that if I have faith and I continue on the path he wants for me thats when I will be the most happy. I have learned through trial, error, heartache, and joy that I am in deed the most happy when I choose to follow his plan instead of mine own desires. So with that being said I am sad to announce we will not be going to New York on the 20th like planned, because we feel like New York is not the place for us right now. Almost 3 months ago we felt like New York was not the place for us and set out to discover what would be the correct place to move. It's been a really long and sad past 3 months. However I have put all my faith in my Father in Heaven and knowing that he only want's the best for me have waited patiently for an answer. Only recently have we decided that Seattle is the place we should move, which is so so ironic because I swore I would never live there. It is so unbelievable hard to think that a dream I have wanted for so long will have to be put on hold even longer if not forever. It break's my heart. I know there are bigger trials that people face to be sad about. There are even bigger trials that I am facing right now but like I said this dream has been my focus, and my motivation so right now it feel's like a really big trial in my life. But I have had time to come to terms with the whole thing and even get excited about it. I kept telling Coco (yes I talk to my cat) that I was going to let her eat a real Seattle fish. She was most excited let me tell ya.


So last week we packed up our very compact car with everything we owned (I gave a lot to DI, if your in Rexburg you should go check it out there should be some really awesome stuff ther right now just saying) and drove out to Seattle. We got here Saturday and I already had an interview today, Heavenly Father is awesome like that, and David has an interview on Wednesday, and we are currently on the hunt for a cat friendly apartment. So far so good. I know everything will work out in it's own time and that Seattle is the right place to be right now hopefully New York will be in the future soon but for now I will wait. Pictures to come of our crazy move out here.
SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that everything is working out.
    We hope you both have a Merry Christmas, and celebrate in your own way.
    I think we all have those our plan is not THE PLAN moments in life.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig