April 17, 2015

Building A Wardrobe// Part 6: Buy Less Choose Well


Basically it all comes down to this. Buy less stuff but when you do buy stuff buy better stuff. I could leave it at this but I broke it down into 5 simple things to keep in mind when you're out shopping for the new pieces of your wardrobe.

 1. Know What You Need - Notice I said need not want. At this point you should know exactly what your wardrobe needs and having a clear picture of what your wardrobe is and is not makes it easier to say yes to something you love and no to something you find cute. So shop with a purpose not just with a hope to find something cute. 

2. Quality over Quantity - Going on a massive shopping trip to F21 every weekend isn't going to cut it anymore. Buying one well made shirt will go much farther for your wardrobe than 10 shirts you will inevitable throw away at the end of the season.

3. Invest - Which brings me to investing. Buying less will allow you to invest in pieces you actually want and keep them for the long haul.

4. Check Yourself - Find something you think you want to bring home? Run through a list of questions to help determine if this is a necessary purchase. Example: Does it fit me now? Does it fit into my wardrobe? Is it too high maintenance? Does it fit into my color palette?

5. Seasonal Spending -If you already have all the clothes you could possibly need that season, don't buy more. Wait for the next season to come around.

This brings me to the end of all the prep of building a wardrobe and into the next part of this series. I feel like I've been waiting for this forever because honestly I have, my whole life I've struggled with finding my style and I feel like I'm finally starting to figure it out. Next week I will be sharing more of what I have planned and I cannot wait!


and just for fun find out what kind of shopper you are here!
SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. Come visit me in AZ and help me shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE that!! You would probably teach me way more!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig