April 15, 2015

Building A Wardrobe// Part 5: Choose A Color Palette

I found this idea over on Erin's blog and I thought it was such a good idea I had to share. I also thought it was the perfect way to wrap up all our wardrobe prep before we start the big adventure of actually buying items to go into our new wardrobe.(Which we are getting so close to I can't wait to share all the goodness I have planned!)

To pick a color palette for my wardrobe I asked myself a series of questions. What colors look good on me? What are the main colors in my current wardrobe? What are the main colors on my pin boards?(read about that step here) and lastly what are the colors I want to be wearing in my final wardrobe?

This lead me to the colors: Black, White, Gray, Blue, Brown, Navy Green. AKA Very Neutral. Maybe that's not your thing and that's ok, there is no right or wrong in a color palette. The main thing is to pick a handful of colors as your go to. You could even go as far to ask yourself what you want your accent color palette to be for jewelry and accessories.

Limiting yourself to a color palette insures that all of the items in your closet will mix and match beautifully and that you won't bring home something you never wear because it doesn't go with anything you own. Like I made the mistake of doing a couple of weeks ago.

As Erin points out in her post this doesn't mean you can't have pops of color in your wardrobe. I know for a fact that I have a gorgeous dress from Anthro that doesn't fit into my color palette that I will never get rid of and will continue to wear. 

- Here is Erin's Original Post about choosing a color palette, she is a beautiful writer and has her own series on building a minimal wardrobe which I have found very helpful.
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig