November 27, 2013

Nursing friendly clothes and other fun things.




Sweater: F21 | Shirt: Target | Pants: Gap | Shoes: H&M

I think one of the hardest things about being a new mom or a mom in general is always have to wear clothing you can nurse in, especially when you need to nurse in public. In those early months I wore Pajamas a lot of the time at home, I just didn't see the point of getting dressed when I was just going to have to take the whole thing off again in a couple hours. Not to mention that by the time I actually got around to getting ready in between feedings it was time to nurse again, so really what was the point. Please tell me others felt/feel this way too?

But as Rivers gets older I'm not having to feed him as often or as long and oh is it glorious!! I have been able to find the time SOME days to get ready and look like a normal human being again but there is still the challenge of finding things to wear that are easy to nurse in, and comfortable enough to do all the other crazy running around mom things I do in a day.

This outfit has proven a winner in the nursing situation, the top is flowly and light and easy to lift up. Is there a better way to say that....? Sorry. But the shirts lifting abilities are key. The pants are loose and comfy as far as pants go, the sweater makes me feel cozy and all that fur adds some spice to the mix.

But sometimes I just want to wear what I want to wear, like on the weekends when I know I will have help from Dave and I don't have to worry about holding a baby all day and if he will pull and tug on everything. So sometimes I don't wear things that are so nursing friendly, but I still have to nurse right? That is where the magic of the car comes in and tinted windows, tinted windows is a must for this trick. If I'm not wearing something I can nurse with in public I just simply go to my car and I don't have to worry about what people can see. Although I have had people try to look in to see what I am doing, crazies.

Most of the time though I just use the amazing nursing cover my sister in law made me. It covers 100% of my upper body and I don't have to worry about a thing. I need to post pictures of it sometimes, it's not the most glamorous but it gave me the confidence to get out in those early months.
SHARE:

1 comment:

  1. I love the sweater with a touch of fur!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig